Organisation & Structure
The Expert Platform is run under the operational aegis of the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP), in keeping with the College’s mandate to provide guidance and information to the public on matters relating to brain function and the treatment of brain disorders.
The Expert Platform’s activities, although complimentary to those of the College, embody a distinct and separate focus, with a different projected funding stream, and the Platform has therefore been established with its own independent identity and legal structure, the Expert Platform Foundation.
The Advisory Board, under the leadership of the Chair, is the core of and driving force behind the Expert Platform. It is the Advisory Board that initiates and executes the activities of the Platform. Consulting Experts are called upon if their expertise is needed.
A Management Committee is in place to co-ordinate the operations, supported by a secretariat.
All of the below work on a volunteer basis. The Expert Platform reimburses their travel and accommodation costs, but they do not receive remuneration for their time invested.
Joseph Zohar – Professor of Psychiatry, Tel Aviv University, Israel; Past-President, European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP)
Member Organisations – the Advisory Board
- European Brain Council (EBC)
- European Depression Association (EDA)
- European Network for Workplace Health Promotion (ENWHP)
- European Federation of Associations of Families of People with Mental Illness (EUFAMI)
- European Psychiatric Association (EPA)
- European Psychiatric Nurses (Horatio)
- Global Alliance of Mental Illness Advocacy Networks-Europe (GAMIAN-Europe)
- International Federation for Psychotherapy (IFP)
- Standing Committee of European Doctors (CPME)
- World Organisation of Family Doctors (WONCA)
All of these organisations are not for profit and are operated by volunteers in the public interest.
Observers on the Advisory Board
- Nessa Childers – Member of the European Parliament
- Lara Passante – Project Officer Neuroscience, DG Research and Innovation
- Isabel Peña-Rey – Seconded National Expert, DG Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Alexander Schubert – Executive Director, European College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- Wolfgang Gaebel – Professor of Psychiatry, Heinrich-Heine-University, Düsseldorf; President, European Psychiatric Association
- Guy Goodwin – Professor of Psychiatry, University of Oxford; President, European College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- Martin Knapp – Professor of Social Policy, London School of Economics
- David Nutt – Professor of Neuropsychopharmacology, Imperial College London; President, European Brain Council
- Charles Pull – Centre de Recherche Public-Santé and Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg
- Zoltán Rihmer – Professor of Psychiatry, Semmelweis University, Budapest
- Norman Sartorius – Professor of Psychiatry, University of Geneva
- Hans-Ulrich Wittchen – Professor of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technical University of Dresden
- Gil Zalsman – Professor of Psychiatry, Tel Aviv University
- Chair: Joseph Zohar – Professor of Psychiatry, Tel Aviv University, Israel; Past-President, European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP)
- Secretary: Alexander Schubert – Executive Director, European College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- Treasurer: Eduard Vieta – Professor of Psychiatry, University of Barcelona, Spain